The wedding day is the biggest day of the bride and groom’s life. They spend months just to find the ideal wedding venue which they have always dreamt about. It is every bride’s dream to have a fairytale wedding and that she looks her best on that special day. She hunts for the perfect wedding dress which flatters her body and enhances every curve. So when it comes to choosing their make up its really important they choose an artist who’s signature style is the look you would like. Most of my Brides now ask for a ‘natural wedding makeup look’, and a lot of Brides think because its natural that it will be quick but the truth is a lot of work goes into creating a natural wedding makeup look as it starts with good skin care and some work on your part to do at home.
1. Cleanse and moisturise morning and night – Use products that contain AHAs (exfoliating acids) will help to remove dead skin cells, which tend to build up and leave our complexions looking dull and lifeless. Removing this dead layer will leave your skin looking fresher and more vibrant. Just remember to use a good SPF to avoid exposed skin becoming damaged. Don’t forget about eye cream, any eye cream with cucumber in it will help reduce any puffiness.
2. Don’t try any new products up to three weeks before your wedding – this includes skincare, hair care, make-up, and even washing powder! Any kind of a reaction, it could take a couple of weeks to calm down, which the last thing you need before your big day.
3. Drink green tea as it contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to help brighten the skin and reduce acne.
4. Protect your hair in the sun by using a heat protector prior to styling and if you are visiting any hot destinations for your hen then try to keep your hair from getting wet in the pool as the chlorine will really dry it out. Use a moisturising hair treatment once a week (really towel dry your hair after shampooing prior to applying the treatment as water will just dilute the treatment and it won’t work as well)
5. Facials are great for your skin leading up to your wedding. I recommend having your last one roughly 4 weeks prior to your day to make sure there are no breakouts. You can always use a hydrating face mask the night before your wedding and i can always do this for you on the morning of your wedding to prepare your skin.